• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 WURTH Dodge Challenger, will make his 16th start of the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Friday evening in the Subway 250 powered by Coca-Cola at Daytona International Speedway
• This race marks the fifth appearance of the season for Wurth as the primary sponsor of the No. 12 Penske Racing Dodge in NNS competition. Wurth will serve as the primary sponsor at a total of seven events this year. The Wurth Companies of North America provide customers with everything they need to succeed in the Automotive, Industrial and Woodworking Industries. Whether it is a small body shop or nationwide fleet maintenance company, Wurth USA offers the unparalleled selection and unbeatable service that is synonymous with the Wurth brand
• From 2006 to present, Hornish has made a total of 48 NNS starts during which he has scored one victory, five top-five and 14 top-10 finishes positions
• After 15 races Hornish and the Wurth Dodge team are fourth in the NNS Championship point standings just 10 points out of third place and 31 points out of first place
• This weekend the No. 12 Wurth Dodge Challenger will race with chassis PRS-227 which is a new addition to the Penske fleet
• #PenskePride- Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will have the opportunity to Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
• Goodyear “Gives Back” for Third Straight Year- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, exclusive tire supplier of NASCAR’s three major national series, is honoring the U.S. Armed Forces with the launch of the “Goodyear Gives Back” program, a charitable fund-raising effort to benefit Support Our Troops(R). Fans can join in by visiting http://www.Goodyear.com/GivesBack
• Fun fact – Sam has over 1500 movies on DVD with a recent favorite being The Prestige
• Penske Racing has 358 all-time race victories with 98 stock car wins and 418 pole positions overall including 129 NASCAR poles.
• Tune in to SpeedTV on Sunday, July 7 to see Hornish as he continues in his first season as an analyst on SPEED Center.
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, http://www.penskeracing.com, http://www.samhornish.com and the Penske Racing Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/penskeracing and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend’s Subway 250
“I really like going to Superspeedways because we have fast cars and run well. We sometimes struggle with finishing well, but there is no better place to turn that around than Daytona. This weekend we just need to be smart and stay out of trouble, as well as work on finding some friends to draft with at the end of the race. We will be racing our Wurth Dodge Challenger for the second week in a row and we are working hard to bring them a great result.”
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend’s Subway 250
“We feel like we’ve had a chance to finish well at both of the plate races this year, and it hasn’t come out in our favor at either event. We have a great partner to draft with Brad Keselowski as a teammate, and with any kind of luck, we can capitalize on our trip to Daytona to gain ground in the points. Our Wurth Dodge Challenger is fast and our crew is hitting stride. We feel like we can win this one.”